Whether you need help with plot twists or career changes, here are my most-read posts over the past 90 days.
Popular Storytelling Tips
- The Surprising Theme in Pixar’s Coco — One ironic twist to rule them all…
- 23 of the Best YouTube Channels for Visual Storytellers — Plenty of entertaining examples
- The Story Problems in Molly’s Game — Where Aaron Sorkin’s script went wrong
- Why Every Marvel Movie Tells the Same Story — a.k.a. You’ve seen Thor: Ragnarok before
- Why Black Panther and Wakanda Are the Keys to Marvel’s Future — Wakanda forever?
- 10 Subtly Amazing Moments in Lady Bird — All of Greta Gerwig’s little details add up
- The Hidden Genius of Pulp Fiction — The secret reason why Tarantino’s script excels
- The Tone Problems in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 — Why the film’s message feels… off
- The Problem with Blade Runner 2049 — One story flaw keeps the film from clicking
- Why the Justice League‘s Marketing Failed — What’s worse than a bad mustache
- How Jordan Peele Changed Get Out from Script to Screen — (And won an Oscar for it)
- The 3 Story Elements that Jumanji Gets Right — Besides The Rock’s eyebrow
For even more tips on content and media creation, check out my Storytelling archive.
Popular Business Tips
- This Warby Parker Email Subject Was Irresistible — If you must sell, sell it well
- 10 Tips to Easily Improve Your Writing for Online Audiences — Your readers will thank you
- Why People Aren’t Buying from You (and How to Fix It) — Spruce up your sales pitch
- Do You Make This Mistake When Asking for Donations? — Where nonprofits go wrong
- How to Change a Broken System — In business, in politics, or in relationships
For even more business tips, check out my Business Advice archive.
Popular Life Tips
- How to Live Your Life in a No Bullshit Zone — Tough truths for a better life
- The Cure for Imposter Syndrome — And no, it’s not “fake it ’til you make it”
- 12 Tough Truths — Look, this is gonna hurt… but it’ll make you stronger
- Everyone Has the Same Tragic Flaw — This is what holds you (and me) back
- How to Fix Awkward Holiday Conversations — Stop being afraid of family reunions
For even more help with life’s big questions, check out my Armchair Sociology archive.